New users of Electric bikes don’t know How do Electric Bikes Charge? On this page, we will discuss some methods to charge an electric bike. In this modern era, everyone uses Electric Bikes. As the e-bikes need some electric power to work and that electric power is stored in batteries that are connected to bikes. That batteries need to recharge when the battery is getting low. After every ride electric power loses because the power is used, the battery gets low and you need to charge after every long ride. But here is a problem; How can I charge my electric Bike? Don’t worry we will guide you.
How do Electric Bikes Charge?
Following are the 2 ways with the help we can able to charge our electric bike.
2 Ways Of Charging Electric Bike
Here you thought that how can I charge my e-bike? No need to worry when we are here only for your support. Electric bike charge in two ways as follow;
- Charge the Battery after removing it
- Charge the Battery directly by plugging
1- Charge Battery after removing it
When you are going to recharge your battery after removing it then you must have to follow these steps;
- Before removing the battery make sure the battery is off. For this, your battery has a power button, find it and turn it off.
- If your bike has a battery lock then by using your key, open the battery lock, or if your battery has clips for battery holding, then remove it, so that the battery can easily take out.
- Your bike comes with a charging adapter and lead. Connect the adapter with the lead and insert it into the nearby electric switch.
- One end is connected with the electric switch, now connect the other end of the charging port to the battery. After connecting the charger check that the battery light is ON. Because light indicates whether the battery is charging or not.
- A low battery charge in 5 – 6 hours. So, leave your battery until it is fully charged. After that check whether your battery is fully charged or not. When the battery is fully charged the color of light is changed or lights turn, this indicates the battery is charging.
- Disconnect your battery from the power supply and place it back. When you want to use your bike, plug your battery with your bike and enjoy your ride.
2- Charge Battery directly by plugging
When you are charging your battery without removing it. You directly connect your battery for charging while it is connected to the bike. Then you follow the following steps;
- When you charge your electric bike battery directly then stands your bike on the wall or on a bike stand so that bike cannot fall down.
- Find the charging port first and stand the bike in such a way that the charging port is towards the electric switch and the bike is stable.
- Connect your adapter with the charging lead and plug the adapter with the electric switch and cable with the charging port of the battery. After connecting switch ON the electric power and check the light that indicates the power connection. Check whether the charger is fully connecting and cannot slip out.
- Keep it connecting for some hours and check periodically whether it’s charged or not. When the battery is fully charged and the light indicates change its color or lights off. Then remove it from charging and use it when you need it. Enjoy your ride.
How do Electric Bikes Charge? This is a common question asked by people who are new buyers of electric bikes. In the above paragraph, we explain ways to charge an electric bike. You can also visit Best Cheap Electric Bikes
Battery Charging by Paddling
Now a day’s battery charging by paddling is trending. Many bike brands have introduced this system. In the paddling charging system, the battery regains its lost power. When the breaks are applied or climbing down the hills that energy is stored and helpful for battery charging. The lithium-ion battery gain charge by paddling.
You can follow the above method to solve this problem How do Electric Bikes Charge.
Electric Bike Battery Life
Electric bikes last for some time and then start losing their power. The battery starts losing after 500 charges so must change your battery after 1000 charges or after 2 years.
Tips for Charging Electric Bike Battery
Following are some tips to charge an electric bike battery,
- Avoid connecting your battery with the power supply for a long time when it is fully charged. Because overcharging causes overheating that damage battery.
- Avoid using your battery before fully charging because it affects the battery life.
- Charge your battery after every ride and make it your habit.
- For long life recharge your battery when it was about 50% to 60%. Don’t let your battery go lower than 20%.
- Don’t use an empty bike.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Should I charge my e-Bike after every ride?
A: Yes, you just need to charge your battery after every ride. Because it is best for the long life of the battery. And after charge, it gives good mileage.
Q: Can you charge electric bike at home?
A: Yes, the battery can easily be charged at home because the electric bike batteries are removable. For charging, remove the battery and charge it at any place either in your home, office, or anywhere else.
Q: How long does it take to charge an electric bike?
A: An electric bike battery is charged for a minimum of 3 and a half hours (3.5 hours) and a maximum of 6 hours. The battery has good mileage after full charging. The battery is long-lasting if used after a full charge.
Q: How long does an electric bike battery last?
A: An electric bike battery lose its capacity by time. If the battery is maintain well then the battery last for 3 to 5 Years.
The electric batteres are the most common vehicle now a day. Everyone use it for travelling and exercise etc. Even the students and employers also use it to reach their destination on time. But the problem is How do Electric Bikes Charge? we guide you all about charging of e bike. Hope so you don’t face any problem but still if you have any issue feel free to ask us in comment box. You can also get Best electric Bikes of 2024.